At Custom Intelligent Security, we provide our clients with the very best in security solutions. We understand the importance of effective security and the protection it provides.
Our point of difference is that we are a privately-owned business with many years of experience through the expert team we have built. We understand the ever-changing security landscape and the challenges that arise for businesses when faced with making the right security decisions.
We work in partnership with our Clients helping them to identify their security threats, such as loss-reduction, risk mitigation, and data protection.
Security is no longer a tick-box exercise. Without paying the necessary attention to
identification of the risks that threaten a business, many end-users may fail to thoroughly address their security requirements. This is where we step in, we make sure that you are not limited by an “off-the-shelf” approach. Instead, we will work with you to best understand your needs before proposing and delivering a solution that protects and secures your business in the most effective way.
We work with a range of high profile clients, including many household names. Our customers are our credentials and we’d be happy to arrange a visit to a similar installation, so you can see for yourself how Custom works and the benefits we provide.
Learn more about Custom’s different service solutions here.
No two businesses are the same
We work closely with each of our customers to establish and apply a solution that protects and secures each business in the most effective way.
Whether you are looking to maintain an existing system, or to design a new one, Custom Intelligent Security has a wealth of industry knowledge which we use to provide state-of-the-art security equipment in a professional and friendly manner.
At Custom, we go above and beyond to meet our customer’s requirements and expectations. We understand that security is a major concern for most organisations and we strive to make your security solution effective, straight forward and as stress-free as possible.
This policy describes how we use your personal data when you use our website (customsecurity.tv) or when we provide goods or services to you.
About this policy
This policy describes how we use your personal data when you use our website (customsecurity.tv) or when we provide goods or services to you, or if you contact us to make an enquiry about our goods and services or about a job opportunity with us. We have provided this policy to ensure that you understand what personal data we may collect and hold about you, what we may use it for and how we keep it safe. You have legal rights to access the personal data that we hold about you and to control how we use it which are also explained.
Who we are and how you can contact us
We are Custom Security Solutions Limited trading as Custom Intelligent Security. Our registered company number is 04013996 and our registered address is at Mutual House, 70 Conduit Street, London, W1S 2GF.
You can contact us in writing at Unit 12 Harforde Court, John Tate Road, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 7NW or by emailing email@example.com. If you would like to speak to us please call us on 0845 601 8234.
Please refer to the sections on Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it and How to make a complaint for further contact information.
What personal data we collect about you
- personal data that you provide to us. There are lots of ways in which you may share your personal data with us, for example, you may contact us via the form on our website, post on social media sites that we run, or contact us by email, telephone or in person in connection with goods and/or services that you would like to buy, or have already bought, from us, or to enquire about joining our team. The personal data that you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, employer and job title. If you contact us in relation to a job opportunity, the personal data you provide to us will include details about your qualifications and experience, and any other details you provide in support of your application. If you visit our offices, your image will be captured on our CCTV recordings.
- personal data that we receive from third parties.If we work with other businesses or use sub-contractors these parties may collect personal data about you which they will share with us. For example, if you have a fire alarm system installed, we may be sub – contracted by that organisation to provide you with services. We may also receive feedback from a sub-contractor we have instructed to help us provide you with goods or services that you have requested.
- personal data about your use of our website.This is technical information and includes details such as your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as details of how you navigated to our website and where you went when you left, what pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
What we use your personal data for
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- personal data that you provide to us is used to:
- process and respond to any enquiries you make
- provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- manage and administer our business
- review and improve our goods and service
- If you are applying for a job with us, we will use your personal data to assess your suitability for the role
- CCTV is used as one of the security measures in place to keep or staff, office and equipment safe
- personal data that we receive from third parties is combined with the personal data that you provide to us and used for the purposes described above.
- personal data about your use of our website is used to:
- administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
When we need your consent to use your personal data
Whilst we always want you to be aware of how we are using your personal data, this does not necessarily mean that we are required to ask for your consent before we can use it. In the day to day running of our business we may use your personal data without asking for your consent because:
- we are entering into and carrying out our obligations under a contract with you
- we need to use your personal data for our own legitimate purposes (such as the administration and management of our business and the improvement of our services) and our doing so will not interfere with your privacy rights
In exceptional circumstances we may wish to use your personal data for a different purpose which does require your consent. In these circumstances we will contact you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. You are not required to give consent just because we ask for it. If you do give consent you can change your mind and withdraw it at a later date.
Personal data you are legally obliged to provide
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data we may be unable to provide our goods or services to you.
Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it
You have a legal right to know what personal data we hold about you – this is called the right of subject access. You can exercise this right by sending us a written request at any time. Please mark your letter “Subject Access Request” and send it to us by post or email using the details in the Who we are and how you can contact us section.
You also have rights to:
- prevent your personal data being used for marketing purposes (see How we use your personal data for marketing for further details)
- have inaccurate personal data corrected, blocked or erased
- object to decisions being made about you by automated means or to your personal data being used for profiling purposes
- object to our using your personal data in ways that are likely to cause you damage or distress
- restrict our use of your personal data
- require that we delete your personal data
- require that we provide you, or anyone that you nominate, with a copy of any personal data you have given us in a structured electronic form such as a CSV file
You can find full details of your personal data rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at ww.ico.org.uk.
Automated decision making and profiling
We do not make use of automated decision making or profiling.
When we will share your personal data with others
We share your data with the following people in the day to day running our business:
- any business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors we work with to provide you with goods or services that you have requested from us
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may also share your personal information with third parties on a one-off basis, for example, if:
- we sell or buy any business or assets (including our own), in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
How we keep your personal data safe
We take every care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure. The security measures we take include:
- only storing your personal data on our secure servers
- ensuring that our staff receive regular data security awareness training
- keeping paper records to a minimum and ensuring that those we do have are stored in locked filing cabinets on our office premises
- maintaining up to date firewalls and anti-virus software to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to our systems
- enforcing a strict policy on the use of mobile devices and out of office working
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent to our website; you send us personal data at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features (some of which are described above) to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your personal data for marketing
We will not use your personal data (including sharing it with third parties) for marketing purposes.
When we will send your personal data to other countries
In most circumstances, your personal data will not be transferred to any organisation which is based outside of the EEA. 6
On some database migration projects personal data will be transferred outside of the EEA as part of the database migration.
For data migration projects, personal data may be transferred to the following:
|Description of supplier||Reason for transfer||Destination to which
data is transferred
|USA||Standard Contractual Clauses|
How long we keep your personal data
We only keep your personal data for as long as we actually need it. In practice this means that we will keep:
- your name and contact details for 7 years
- a record of the goods and services (including a copy of your full customer file) we provide to you for 7 years
- complaint records for 1 year
- a record of your job application or enquiry for 1 year
- CCTV recordings are kept for 14 days, unless they are required to investigate an incident, in which case they will be kept until the investigation and any court proceedings are resolved.
Please note that we may anonymise your personal data or use it for statistical purposes. We keep anonymised and statistical data indefinitely but, we take care to ensure that such data can no longer identify or be connected to any individual.
How you can make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way we have used your personal data, please contact us to discuss this using the contact details set out in the Who we are and how you can contact us section above.
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk. Whilst you are not required to do so, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns that you may have and to allow us an opportunity to address these before you contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How we keep this policy up to date
We will review and update this policy from time to time. This may be to reflect a change in the goods or services we offer or to our internal procedures or it may be to reflect a change in the law.
The easiest way to check for updates is by looking for the latest version of this policy on our website (customsecurity.tv) or you can contact us (see Who we are and how to contact us) to ask us to send you the latest version of our policy.
Each time we update our policy we will update the policy version number shown at the end of the policy and the date on which that version of the policy came into force.
We strive to provide a high level of service to all our clients. With security being such a major concern within any business, our priority is to meet your expectations.
The team members who work at Custom make this possible.
We invest in our people to ensure we are providing the very best in service.
From the moment you get in touch an account manager will meet and work with you. From discussing the different options available, all the way through to the implementation of an appropriate solution, our team will be on hand to help and support. Even after delivery, we have a dedicated 24/7 helpdesk to provide technical support.
An excellent team doesn’t evolve overnight and we provide all team members with their individual training and development plans to ensure that we are providing consistent high-quality service.
You can also rest assured knowing that all our engineers hold government graded security clearance and have been manufacturer trained and certified.
The excellence of our team helps us deliver the very best security solutions to our clients.
We support and promote sustainable operations throughout the business.
Environmental awareness lies at the heart of everything we do.
Through the efficient use of resources, a commitment to minimising waste and sustainable working practices, we are helping to promote a healthy work environment.
We have adopted the following approaches to minimise our environmental impact:
- Promoting green transport for all employees, promoting car-sharing and encouraging the use of public transport.
- Investing in improved energy efficient products.
- Reducing the use of paper within the office environment.
- Where applicable, ensuring any work we deliver does not pollute the environment.
Health & Safety
We are committed to the Health and Safety of both employees and customers.
As a business, we ensure that all operations and security works are conducted in full compliance with prevailing Health & Safety legislation and best practices.
We operate a full in house NEBOSH qualified team to ensure we provide a thorough approach to our employee and client wellbeing.
Our health and safety programme includes:
- Risk Assessments & Method Statements
- Safety Audits and Inspections
- Employee training and development
Our goal is to deliver the next generation of security services and over the years we’ve proudly achieved a number of awards and accreditations for our hard work and innovative approach to security.
The accreditations we’ve received help us to better our approach and the security solutions we provide.
The NSI (National Security Inspectorate) is the UK’s leading certification body for the security industry. Custom is accredited to their Gold Standard.
Plexus Security Group
Formed in 1995, PLEXUS is one of the largest groups of independent security companies who can provide complete security and safety solutions on a Nationwide basis. All Plexus members are accredited to NSI Gold and/or BAFE.
United Kingdom Accreditation Services
Accredited by UKAS as competent and recognised as a certified provider by the UK government.
Contractor Plus Approved
Nationally recognised as complying with corporate legislation on behalf of our clients.
Safe Contractor Approved
Approved by Safe Contractor as complying with health & safety best practices.
CHAS (The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) was created by experienced professionals in 1997 to improve health and safety standards across the UK.
Constructionline is the UK’s most connected and progressive provider of procurement and supply chain management services, making contracting simpler.
Our credentials are our customers! We rely upon excellent service delivery rather than long-term contracts to retain your business and confidence. We will happily arrange for you to visit a similar installation at an existing client’s workplace so that you can view a working system and speak with its operators. This can often prove to be far more informative than discussing equipment in the abstract.