Integrating various systems together can create a solution that provides a unified Security Management System allowing management to effectively check and respond to alarm events.
An Integrated Security Management System can combine the following elements:
- Door Access Control
- CCTV and Video Surveillance
- Intruder Alarm
- Video Intercom
- Fire Alarms
- Public Address
- Elevator Destination Control
- Visitor Management
- Building Management
- Emergency Site Lockdown
- Dynamic Graphical Maps
For example, if a Door is forced, an Integrated System can automatically:
- Show the location of the Alarm using a graphical site or floor map.
- Run an 8-second video clip of pre and post-alarm images showing what happened.
- Display Live images from the CCTV Cameras monitoring that door and adjacent areas.
- Notify mobile security and other site personnel.
- Generate an Alarm Checklist with prompts for the appropriate actions and reports required.
Often the investment need not be substantial, and the benefits can include smaller security control rooms and an efficient, directed response.